Saturday, June 08, 2013

Moo Moo dress- to Meeeow


.

Lots of things changed my size being one of them. Marriage, surgery, diet, lifestyle. Needless to say last summer stuff doesn't quite fit this year. Also I am not liking the weight I am at, and the look of married woman conservative clothes. However being married does change one to dress more appropriate.
I had not done this sort of thing since High school. Cindy Lauper and Madonna were famous and putting  together different pants and skirts was in. Also using zippers and pins in crazy places. I look forward to doing many more.



So the two became one and a scarf which I did not take a picture of
God's grace, peace, light, and love Doreen.
Check out my blog for details

6 comments:

Sandy said...

This looks really nice on you. Good job.
Sandy in the UK

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
IWOM said...

The eternal struggle to 'dress like a lady' (that's the voices of my much-missed grandmothers in my head) is one that can be wrenched into submission by taking your wardrobe into your own hands. I've been wrestling with that one for over two decades since becoming the Better Half of my Better Half!

It is a comfort to sew by that yardstick (pun intended). All you can do is keep experimenting -- and give to charity all the items you make/re-make, then try on and think: 'Nope, that's for a younger/single gal!".

IWOM

Unknown said...

Love the insert of contrast fabric Doreen, your dress looks great

Erica Editor on Duty

Anonymous said...

This turned out so lovely and figure flattering. I'll bet that the hubby likes it bunches!

black bear cabin said...

i love it!